I made an experiment

 I made an experimentin trying some new writing apps today hoping to find the right one for an easier experience particularly for this blog. Not a lot of luck in finding one that will let me use an offline app to sync to my blog account. But hey it's the fun of childhood all over again! It's kinda like wanting to carve a boat from a giant chunk of styrofoam when you down at the lake on summer break with your cousins (my grandparents and a set of uncle, aunt and cousins lived next door to each other on lakefront property ). Or like trying to hunt for water moccasin with the same cousins and ending up getting our butts tore up for our youngest cousin being attacked by yellow jackets in the process . Maybe trying out the apps was my adult version of carving out a styrofoam boat. We never did get it right so they gave us an old v hulled aluminum boat with a lil one and half horse power Johnson motor we had to wind the rope around the pulley to crank. It was about as fun as the old riding lawnmower with the same starting mechanism! Took forever to crank and sounded like it would blow up at any second but carried us kids up and down the lake, (and the mower) and around the yards until the gas ran dry. Yeah, y'all know what I'm talking about!

  Kids are missing all that now because of video games, social networks and hardcore drug abuse at early ages. America doesn't seem like the same place where I used to sit on that treestump wishing I was anywhere else on my skateboard in the hot summer sun! So all of you remember the good times of experimenting with different things before the world got crazy and we all became our parents, just wishing for better days amidst the struggles of everyday life.

  And that is a tale from the treestump...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today Has Been...

Good Morning Mom!